The call for applications to the Diversity Fund 2020-21 is now open, with a closing date of 24th July. The Diversity Fund is a £70,000 annual fund which provides small grants to initiatives aimed at furthering this commitment, with the aim of delivering a lasting change in culture across the collegiate University.
For further information and the application form, please visit https://edu.admin.ox.ac.uk/the-diversity-fund.
Applications are welcomed which:
- Contribute to identified institutional and/or divisional objectives (for example, those outlined in the Strategic Plan, institutional Athena SWAN and Race Equality Charter action plans, or divisional five-year plans).
- Demonstrate a breadth of impact, through benefit to staff and/or students across a number of departments/divisions, and/or the scope for good practice to be applied more widely, and/or the scope for external influence.
- Address challenges identified in new ways.
- Demonstrate how the impact of the project will be sustained beyond the initial funding period.
Funding is unlikely to be awarded for:
- Standalone events, with no demonstrable legacy.
- A project which benefits only a single department.
- Activities which form part of the normal day-to-day operations of a department.
- Activities for which we would normally expect other financial support to exist within the University or externally, including funding for a member of staff.
- Activities which would require recurrent funding in order to continue beyond the initial funding period.
If you are considering submitting an application to this round, please get in touch with Clara Elod by Friday, 3rd July. The timeframe we are working towards for the applications is as follows:
- Expressions of interest –sent to Clara by Friday, 3rd July
- Draft application deadline – sent to Clara by Friday, 10th July
- Diversity Fund deadline for submission – Friday, 24th July
This timescale should enable Clara, with support from Karen Eveleigh - Research Facilitator, enough time to advise on the draft application and help maximise the chances of you securing funding.