Function: As a sub-committee of the Law Board, the Equality and Diversity Committee shall be responsible for monitoring equality and diversity in the Faculty, and for making proposals to Law Board on policies concerning equality and diversity, and for such matters as shall be referred to it by the Board. The Committee shall advise the Dean, the Vice Dean and other Faculty officers as they may request on equality and diversity matters for which they are responsible.
The Equality and Diversity Committee (EDC) is a forum for Faculty Officers (especially the Co-ordinators for Race Equality and Athena SWAN, but also Associate Deans and any other officers) to report on their activities in relation to equality (which will also be forwarded to the Law Board with the minutes). The Committee also provides an opportunity for staff and students to raise matters of concern. Areas that the Committee may address include admissions, examinations, staff recruitment, retention and remuneration, governance, the application of the University’s Equality Policy within the Faculty, and the Faculty’s policies, practices and procedures generally. The Committee shall also serve as the Self Assessment Team for Athena SWAN.
All Committee meetings are open and any student or member of the Faculty may attend.
Meeting dates can be found on the right-hand side of this page.
If you would like to join the next meeting, please contact the Committee's Secretary, Charlotte Vinnicombe.
Ex officio members:
- Jonathan Herring (Vice Dean, Chair)
- Lucinda Ferguson - Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies
- Carolyn Hoyle – Athena SWAN Co-ordinator
- Sanja Bogojevic – Race Equality Co-ordinator
- Andrew Higgins – Access and Outreach Co-ordinator
Other members appointed by the Board:
- Research Staff Representative: Lisa Forsberg
- Library Representative: Margaret Watson
- Student representatives: Yan Shen Tan, Arunima Shrikhande
- Divisional representative: Catherine Goodwin
Secretary: Charlotte Vinnicombe