Official Opening of the Bonavero Institute by Mr Kofi Annan, former Secretary-General of the United Nations
The Bonavero Institute of Human Rights is a dedicated institute within the Faculty of Law at the University of Oxford. Since October 2017, the Institute has been housed in a new building at Mansfield College. Here it will undertake worldclass research in the field of human rights law and foster public engagement in human rights issues beyond the academy.
As part of its mission, the Institute seeks to integrate human rights research and practice within the Law Faculty and the University more broadly. It will establish a vibrant community of graduate students, host outstanding scholars of law and other disciplines, and collaborate with practitioners engaged in the most pressing contemporary human rights issues around the world.
The Bonavero in Brief
- We invite scholars from the UK and overseas to become Research Visitors based at the Institute for a term or longer
- We connect with existing Oxford academics within the Faculty of Law and other departments by appointing them to be our Academic Affiliates
- We provide a combined and comfortable workspace where academics, students, and visiting practitioners can work alongside one another
- We award funding for our students to undertake internships in human rights organisations globally
- We collaborate with other Oxford institutions to host a programme of high-profile events