The Centre for Criminology will be hosting the Oxford Sentencing Seminar on 5th July 2013. The venue will be Seminar G, Third Floor, Manor Road Building, Manor Road; the programme for the day is listed below. For further information, please contact Julian Roberts.
- 12.00-12.30 - Sandwich Lunch.
- 12.30-13.15 - Introduction to Seminar and Sentencing Council: Recent Developments: Julian Roberts and Lord Justice C. Treacy.
- 13.15-14.30 - Consistency in Sentencing: New Empirical Findings from the Crown Court Sentencing Survey (CCSS). Presentation: Robin Linacre, Sentencing Council Research.
- 14.30-15.00 - Coffee and Tea
- 15.00- 16.00 - Sentence Reductions for a guilty plea: Latest Trends from CCCSS: Trevor Steeples, Sentencing Council Research.
- 16.00-17.30 - The Effectiveness of Sentencing. Discussants: Paul Cavadino and Mike Hough, ICPR, Birkbeck College. Followed by Future Sentencing Research Priorities (General Discussion).
- 17.30-18.30 - Wine Reception in Manor Road Common Room.