This website provides a forum for discussion and debate about Property Law. Property Law Blog has an open call for submissions related but not limited to the following:
- Themed posts
- Article or report reviews: Brief summaries of related new publications that may have wide appeal.
- Opinion pieces
Interested? Send a draft title and short summary of what you want to write, and a short author biography (50 words max), to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit a draft post if you've developed it already. One of us will then contact you and discuss further steps and timeframe. Please keep in mind the below guidelines.
- In the latest Word document or Pages format.
- 750-1,500 words in length (longer posts will be accepted in special cases).
- Already proofread.
- Cross-posting or publication on other platforms is permissible only with the permission of the Editors of the blog and with a link back to the original article.
- Relevant sources and background should be hyperlinked, where possible. Hyperlink references and include them conversationally not academically; for example, 'see work by Mary Bosworth' rather than '(Bosworth, 2014). See this webpage on how to create hyperlinks for webpages in Word.
- Please don't use footnotes (instead, just use links, as above).
- Posts should be written in a clear and concise manner, avoiding jargon and wordiness.
Contributors are strongly recommended to supply the blog with an image to use for the post listing and/or within the post itself. Images must be either the author's own, or obtained from Creative Commons licenced sources.
The easiest way to find such images is by using Google, making sure to restrict the search criteria to a 'free use' option. (Here is Google's own guide.) Other options include Flickr (with a search query restricted to Creative Commons photos) and Pixabay (whose images are all Creative Commons CC0 licensed).
Please supply all attribution details (i.e., author's own, or which kind of CC licence) to the editor along with submission of your document.