Faculty members and Research Students can publish a profile page containing a biographical note, a photo, a note of their research interests, a publications list, and so on.
A skeleton profile page is created for you the first time you log on to the site.
Here's a short video to walk you through the first steps of creating and editing your profile (and further down the page you will find a series of screenshots illustrating the same process):
Alternatively, you can follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Go to any page on the site and click the Log In link
2. Sign in by clicking the Oxford SSO button, and using your usual Oxford details (same as email, or WebLearn and so on).
3. Click the username link at top right.
4. Click the Profile button (highlighted below). If this is the first time you have logged in, this will take you to a newly created (and almost blank) profile page.
5. Click the Edit Profile button to get to the underlying form that will allow you to enter some details.
6. Fill in the relevant parts of the form, particularly the Biography section. You can also add a photograph.
- Research students may have had one taken for use by the Faculty, in which case we can use that if you wish. Just email email@example.com
- If you are going to use one of your own, please choose one that is reasonably formal (but not necessarily passport-serious), cropped to head-and-shoulders or so.
7. When finished, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the Save button.
- Your profile page will now be public, with a URL like:
- Your page will not yet appear in any lists (e.g. Academics or Research students etc.) as we will need to enter some more data first. This may take a few days.