Duration and hours
The work is to start immediately and will run until June 2018.
The hours will vary, but the assistant will be expected to work 50 hours over the course of the project. The bulk of the work will need to be done in period January-March 2018
The post will report to Imogen Goold.
- An excellent understanding of the legal and ethical debates around autonomy are essential.
- An excellent understanding of the field of medical law is essential.
- Excellent research skills are essential.
- Good knowledge of the bioethics literature on autonomy is desirable.
- Good knowledge of legal citation is essential.
- Editing skills are desirable.
- The work can be done in any place where you have access to a good library, but you must be able to travel to Oxford for occasional meetings.
This post is open to current graduate research students in the Law Faculty and the hours are in line with the restrictions on working hours for students.
Rate of Pay
This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £14.56/hour plus holiday pay of £2.49 = total of £17.05/hour. **
This post is funded by the Law Faculty’s Research Support Fund.
How to Apply
A short CV and cover letter (including the name of your supervisor, if any) should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 22nd December 2017. Please explain briefly how you meet the requirements and give details of your availability.
Supervisors may be asked for a reference.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to Dr Imogen Goold.