Dr Poorna Mysoor is looking for a research assistant to assist with her upcoming monograph on Implied Licences in Copyright Law. A working knowledge of copyright law is highly desirable. Familiarity with databases such as Westlaw and Lexis is essential. She needs particular assistance researching Australian and Canadian cases on implied copyright licences. Assistance with referencing and indexing will also be required.
Duration and hours
Total number of hours of work available: 100 hours between the advertised start and end dates.
Maximum number of hours of work per week: 8 hours.
Start date: 1st March 2020.
Date by which the work must be completed: 31st July 2020.
The Research Assistant will report to Dr Mysoor.
- A general understanding of the field of law is essential
- A working knowledge of copyright law is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with databases such as Westlaw and Lexis is essential, and in particular, the ability to research Australian and Canadian cases.
- A working knowledge of English contract law is an additional advantage.
- Familiarity with referencing systems, and in particular, OSCOLA is required.
- The work can be done in any place where you have access to a good library, but you must be able to travel to Oxford for occasional meetings during the summer break.
This position is open to current graduate taught or research students in the Law Faculty and the hours are in line with the restrictions on working hours for students.
Rate of Pay
More than 12 weeks (variable hours contract): This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £15.37 per hour (based o Grade 6 point 1) plus holiday pay of £2.63 per hour worked (= total of £18.00/hour).
This position is funded by the Law Faculty’s Research Support Fund, award reference RSF1920-46.
How to Apply
A short CV and cover letter (including the name of your supervisor, if any) should be sent by email to email@example.com by noon on Tuesday 25th February. Please explain how you meet the requirements for the role, and give details of your availability.
Supervisors may be asked for a reference.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.