Dr Anna Tsalapatanis is looking for up to four research assistants to help with compiling an extended bibliography, as well as a database of immigration status processes.
Duration and hours
The work is to start immediately and will need to be completed by mid-January 2020. Overall there are 250 hours of work available, which will be divided up as follows (please make clear which one or more tasks you are applying for when submitting your application):
- Task 1: a total of 50 hours for the compiling details of UK migration processes into an existing database
- Task 2: a total of 50 hours for the compiling details of Australian migration processes into an existing database
- Task 3: a total of 50 hours for the compiling details of Greek migration processes into an existing database
- Task 4: a total of 100hours for literature review on migration and bureaucracy and a brief investigation of Hansard
The post will report to Dr Tsalapatanis.
- A general understanding of some of the literature around migration and bureaucracy is desirable, but by no means essential
- Good admin and IT skills are required
- For task 3 Greek language skills are required
- For task 4 experience in compiling literature reviews and having previously accessed Hansard is desirable
Initial training and guidance will be provided.
This post is open to current graduate research students in the Law Faculty or similar department and the hours are in line with the restrictions on working hours for students.
Rate of Pay
This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £15.10/hour plus holiday pay of £1.82 = total of £16.92/hour.
This post is funded by the University’s John Fell Fund.
How to Apply
A short CV and cover letter (including the name of your supervisor, if any) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 September 2019. Please explain briefly how you meet the requirements as well as indicate which task(s) you are interested and give details of your availability.
Supervisors may be asked for a reference.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to email@example.com.