Dr Nicole Stremlau is looking for two(2) research assistants to help carry out research on the ERC funded research project ConflictNet, The Politics and Practice of Social Media in Conflict. The project focuses on social media, conflict and migration in Africa.
Duration and Hours
The work is to start immediately and will run until the end of July 2018.
The hours will vary but the two(2) research assistants will be expected to work on average 15-23 hours per week.
The posts will report to Dr Nicole Stremlau
- An understanding of social media and internet companies in Africa
- Experience researching in Africa.
- The post requires excellent writing and skills.
- Good administrative and IT skills.
- A DPhil/PhD (or in the final stages of a DPhil/PhD) in communications or a related field
- Providing research assistance on topics involved in ConflictNet
- Identifying speakers and academics for conferences
- Providing support for publications (including editing and referencing)
- Contributing to literature reviews
- Support the development of the Social Media and Migration Observatory
The posts are open to anyone.
Rate of pay
This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £14.80/hour plus holiday pay of £2.53= total of £17.33/hour.
The posts are funded by the ERC grant ConflictNet and managed by Socio-Legal Studies Centre.
How to apply
A short CV, cover letter explaining briefly how you meet the requirements, and name/contact details of two referees, should be sent by email to email@example.com by midday 14 December 2017.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org