The aim of the Bonavero Institute Summer Fellowship programme is to provide students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge of human rights law to obtain a valuable platform to develop careers in this field. Students will have the opportunity to work with a range of organisations working in the field of human rights law, including the rule of law. These include senior appellate courts, world-leading NGOs and research institutions. The Student Fellowship Programme gives our students a chance to explore their professional options in a variety of unpaid placements, both within the UK and across the world.
Privacy Laws and Business are running a student essay competition on the influence of GDPR. The two winning students will be offered a free place at PL&B's 32nd Annual International Conference, 1 - 3 July 2019, St John's College, Cambridge. Students, aged 18 and over, are invited to submit an essay of 1500 - 2000 words by Friday 10 May on one of the following subjects:
1. Making privacy law compliance a competitive advantage
2. Making Privacy by Design a driver of business success
3. The prospects for competition law, consumer law and privacy law helping individuals pursue their GDPR rights
4. How to communicate effectively that free apps mean consequential tracking
5. What impact should GDPR have beyond the EU?
6. Smart or creepy?