These fellowships support humanities researchers and social scientists who want to explore areas of health but do not hold established academic posts. Fellowships are usually worth up to £275,000 each for up to three years and provide a basic salary, research expenses and travel expenses.
Faculty EOI: 8th May 2021
Faculty 1st draft review: 16th May 2021
Research Services deadline: 9th June 2021
Funder preliminary application deadline: 30th June 2021
A Research Fellowship is for up to three years, or you can hold it part-time over a longer period.
An award will not usually be above £275,000. Support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses
- During your fellowship, you can apply for public engagement funds to involve the public in your research and inspire learning.
You can apply for a Research Fellowship if you’re a postdoctoral researcher who wants to carry out an extended period of research on your own project.
You must not have a permanent contract, or a contract that will last longer than this fellowship.
You should also:
- be based (or planning to be based) in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country
- have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation.
- In most cases, applicants should have been awarded a PhD before they apply.
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Please visit the Research Fellowship pages on the Wellcome Trust website for full scheme details.
This scheme will close in 2021, the final round will be June 2021.