These fellowships support humanities researchers and social scientists who want to explore areas of health but do not hold established academic posts. Fellowships are usually worth up to £275,000 each for up to three years and provide a basic salary, research expenses and travel expenses.
Faculty expression of interest deadline: 11th December 2017
Faculty deadline 1st draft review: 18th December 2017
Research Services deadline: 3rd January 2018
Funder deadline: 11th January 2018
A Research Fellowship is for up to three years, or you can hold it part-time over a longer period.
An award will not usually be above £275,000. Support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses
- During your fellowship, you can apply for public engagement funds to involve the public in your research and inspire learning.
You can apply for a Research Fellowship if you’re a postdoctoral researcher who wants to carry out an extended period of research on your own project.
You must not have a permanent contract, or a contract that will last longer than this fellowship.
You should also:
- be based (or planning to be based) in the UK, Republic of Ireland or a low- or middle-income country
- have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation.
- In most cases, applicants should have been awarded a PhD before they apply.
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).