The APEX awards are a new funding opportunity designed to promote collaboration across academic disciplines through the support of world-leading interdisciplinary research projects.
In partnership with the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Royal Society (‘the Academies’) and with generous support from the Leverhulme Trust, the APEX award (Academies Partnership in Supporting Excellence in Cross-disciplinary research award) scheme offers established independent researchers, with a strong track record in their respective area, an exciting opportunity to pursue genuine interdisciplinary and curiosity-driven research to benefit wider society.
- Researcher with a strong track record as an established independent researcher (this can include engineering researchers, humanities and social sciences scholars and scientists)
- Based at a UK University or not-for-profit research institution for at least the duration of the project
OVERVIEW OF SCHEME:
- An award of up to £100,000
- Successful applicants will be invited to apply for an additional £10,000 to support public engagement activities
- All awards must start between 1 September 2020 and 1 November 2020
Read the full scheme details on the British Academy website
Faculty EOI: 1st November 2019
Faculty 1st draft review: 8th November 2019
Research Services deadline:19th November 2019
Funder Deadline: 3pm on Tuesday 26th November 2019