Lawyers for Justice in Libya, founded 2011, manages the records collected by a network of Libyan NGOs, known as SHIRA (The Network for Monitoring and Archiving for Justice) who document human rights violations in Libya. Documents include witness statements, videos, photographs and medical reports.
Hear Laura talk about her experience setting up an archive documenting human rights violations in the ongoing conflict in Libya and her work with NGOs on the ground.
- Lawyers for Justice in Libya
- Evidence collection for a non-existing TJ process
- Process of record collection
- Quality of documents is key for trust and credibility
- How did you get the idea to create this archive?
- What can other archives learn from Lawyers for Justice in Libya?