The Bonavero Institute of Human Rights Student Fellowship Programme provides access to a number of internship opportunities. They are offered by a range of organisations including senior appellate courts, world-leading NGOs and research institutions. The Student Fellowship Programme gives our students a chance to explore their professional options in a variety of unpaid placements, both within the UK and across the world. Fellowships have different eligibility requirements but visiting students and students outside of the Faculty of Law at Oxford are not eligible to apply.
Although each Fellowship is unique, we try to ensure that all provide the following common outcomes:
- Experience of working with the chosen partner on a defined project(s) or programme of work, which creates real value for the host organisation and a valuable learning experience for the student
- Interaction with an assigned supervisor or mentor within the host organisation
- A bursary to assist with travel and/or accommodation (this is not payment for work)
Hear from previous student fellows...
- Elena Butti, recipient of the Samuel Pisar Travelling Fellowship (2015)
- Stacy Topouzova, recipient of the Samuel Pisar Travelling Fellowship (2016)
- Rabah Kherbane, Bonavero Institute Fellow, Reprieve London (2017)
In 2017 we awarded Student Fellowships to...
- Kamilia Anuar of Wadham College, to attend the Bingham Centre in London (BIICL), funded by Eric Lewis
- Rabah Kherbane of Wadham College, to attend Reprieve in London (also awarded the Human Rights award), funded by Eric Lewis
- Rishika Saghal of Magdalen College, to attend Reprieve in London, funded by Eric Lewis
- Shivani Misra of St Anne’s College, to attend the Public Law Project in London, funded by Eric Lewis
- Nomfundo Ramalekana of Lady Margaret Hall, to attend The Supreme Court of Appeal in South Africa, funded by Eric Lewis
- Alexander Wentker of Brasenose College, to attend The Namibian Supreme Court, funded by Eric Lewis
- Bonavero Institute Samuel Pisar Travelling Fellowship
- Sanya Samtani of Magdalen College, to attend The South African Constitutional Court (summer 2018), Bonavero Institute Samuel Pisar Travelling Fellowship
- Shreya Mahaveer Munoth of Exeter College, to attend the Women's Legal Centre in Cape Town, part of the OPBP Internship Scheme