Oxford is a centre of learning and research in a wide range of public international law related issues. Many specifically legal subjects are studied within the Law Faculty such as International Law and Armed Conflict and International Economic Law - a full list of PIL taught courses can be found here. The scope and influence of PIL is great, however, and it is often examined through the lens of different disciplines and objectives. This gives PIL@Oxford an extraordinary selection of PIL activities.
Below you can find a list of numerous centres at the University whose work often directly relates to PIL.
- Changing Character of Warfare - Michaelmas Term Events
- Environmental Change Institute
- Human Rights for Future Generations
- Oxford Martin School
- Oxford Human Rights Hub
- Oxford Transitional Justice Research
- Refugee Studies Centre
- Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
- The Bonavero Institute of Human Rights (BIHR)