UNIQ Summer School
Students attend lectures and talks at the faculty over a period of four days, with a typical day usually being 9am-4.30pm. This year students participated in a mock court hearing, tried their hand at commercial negotiation and took part in a tutorial with one of our graduate students. They also had lectures on topics such as criminal law and Brexit. There is also much more do to outside the faculty, with sessions on interviews, personal statements and student finance available.
In 2021, the UNIQ Law Summer School will take place on:
- Monday 5th - Thursday 8th July.
- Monday 12th - Thursday 15th July.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be in your first year of A-levels (or equivalent).
- Attend a UK state school/college/sixth form/academy.
- Be a UK resident settled in the UK at the time of applying to UNIQ with no restrictions on the period for which you may stay in the UK. You must have been resident in the UK from October 2019, and this residence should not have been wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education during any part of it.
- Have attained 5 GCSE A* or equivalent.
- Your socio-economic background is also taken into account, so factors like where you live will be looked at. Further information is available here.
How do I apply?
Applications for 2021 are now closed. Please note applications for 2022 will be advertised here on and on the UNIQ website in due course, and no applications can or will be considered after the deadline posted.
For further information, please visit the UNIQ Website.
Freshfields ExpLaw Summer School
There is no separate application process for Freshfields ExpLaw Summer School - you will be automatically considered if you apply for UNIQ. The residential programme lasts for two days with overnight accomodation in an Oxford College. Students take part in tutorials, lectures and visit different colleges for lunch and a tour. The sponsoring law firm, Freshfields, also sends representatives who give a talk on routes into law and lead a study skills session on negotiation.
In 2022 the ExpLaw programme will take place on 28th & 29th July. We have now selected the candidates for this intake.