The Faculty will support applications to this funding scheme. The number of applications that we are able to support will be confirmed in January. Applicants should have submitted an application for internal assessment by this time.
The Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship provides funding each year for full time three-year research fellowships across the UK. Approximately 100 fellowships will be available in 2018. Applicants must be within five years of being awarded their doctorate and cannot be permanent post holders. Applicants supported by the Law Faculty may already be based in this Faculty, in another department or college in Oxford, or currently be based at another institution. If awarded funding, then the Fellow would be employed by the Law Faculty for the fixed period of the funding.
The scheme pays 50% of the salary costs, plus up to £6,000/year for research expenses. The remaining salary costs are covered in part by the Social Sciences Division which sets aside some John Fell Fund money to match in part the Leverhulme funding, and the Faculty will also underwrite these applications and cover the remainder of the costs. Since the Faculty is required to underwrite the applications, there will be a gathered field exercise so that the Faculty’s Dean and Associate Dean for Research may review draft applications and approve those that they wish to support and underwrite.
Those who have received Faculty support for their application should note the following deadlines:
- w/c 15th January - Applicants to be notified of Faculty support
- Monday 29th January - Faculty 1st draft review
- Monday 12th February - Faculty final draft review
- Monday 19th February - Submission for Head of Department statement of support
- Thursday 22nd February - Full application to be sent to Research Services Office for approval
- Thursday 1st March - Full application to be sent to the Leverhulme Trust
Read the full scheme details on the Leverhulme website.