In this interactive session we will:
- Review trends in the job market for doctoral graduates within academia and beyond in the UK and globally and
- Cross-reference with skillsets developed in a DPhil and during a post-doc
- Talk about ways to approach job exploration, including:
- Some potential concerns or fears about beginning that process, and
- The active and rewarding work of making a career with a research degree regardless of academic or other sector
- Enable each participant to identify strategies and resources for beginning their own career exploration, including:
- How the Careers Service can support them
- Signposting to other resources within the University and city.
Please ensure that you RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org as spaces will be allocated.