In this workshop, Karen and Elizabeth will introduce the newly issued Faculty guidelines on mentoring for fixed-term researchers. Anne Davies, Jonathan Herring, Ian Loader and Sue Bright will also be contributing and offering their thoughts on the mentoring process.
We will be discussing key questions such as:
- What is the difference between mentoring and DPhil supervision?
- What support can a mentor provide?
- What role and responsibilities does a mentee have in a mentoring relationship?
- How many hours mentoring should I expect to receive?
- Can I have a secondary mentor?
All recent and current researchers, with a fixed term contract, are strongly encouraged to attend as are their mentors.
For more information on the Faculty mentoring process and guidelines, please visit the mentoring webpage (SSO log-in needed to view page).
Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org