A call has been issued from Innovate UK (on behalf of UKRI) inviting suggestions of topics for wave 3 of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund with anticipated funding available from April 2019. If you or your colleagues hear of any interest or activity from your industry networks, please could you let Karen, Elizabeth or your Centre Administrator know. Likewise, if you have ideas around which we might start to assemble an Expression of Interest or consortia (assuming we think it’s possible to find an appropriate industry organisation to lead) please also let us know, so the University’s business development teams along with RS-KEIT can assist with working up the concepts with our partners.
Brief details about the call are outlined below. Full details are available here.
EoI responses are requested by 18th April.
EoIs must address the Grand Challenge themes:
- artificial intelligence and the data economy
- clean growth
- the future of mobility
- meeting the needs of an ageing society
The challenge must:
- be compelling, focused, understandable and have a real benefit if solved
- be industry-led and in an area of existing strength
- take advantage of the depth and expertise of UK research
- offer a clear opportunity for sustainable growth, including global markets
- evidence that government support is necessary and of strategic importance
- increase productivity
Challenges can be of any size. You will be expected to propose the amount of funding required from government and from industry to address your proposal.