Professor Julian Roberts is looking for one research assistant to help with research for a publication on public opinion and criminal justice. The RA will:
- Review the domestic and international literature on public opinion, crime, and criminal justice
- Assist in the preparation of a bibliography on the subject
Duration and hours
Total number of hours of work available: 30
Maximum number of hours of work per week: 8
Start date: July 1 or thereabouts
Date by which the work must be completed: September 1 or thereabouts
The Research Assistant will report to Julian Roberts in the first instance.
- Familiarity with the published literature on this subject is an asset.
- The work can be done on or off campus so long as a good internet connection is available.
- It is expected that the work will be undertaken in the UK.
This position is open to current graduate research students in the Law Faculty and the hours are in line with the restrictions on working hours for students.
Rate of Pay
12 weeks or less (casual engagement): This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £15.37 per hour (based on Grade 6 point 1) plus holiday pay of £1.86 per hour worked (= total of £17.23/hour).
This position is funded by the Law Faculty’s Research Support Fund.
How to Apply
A short CV and cover email should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20. Please explain how you meet the requirements for the role, and give details of your availability.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to Julian Roberts.