Professor N Stavropoulos is looking for a research assistant to help for help distributing and publicising the podcast series The Jurisprudes.
Duration and hours
Total number of hours of work available: 30
Maximum number of hours of work per week (or explain variable arrangements): 8
Start date: 15/6/2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Date by which the work must be completed: 30/8/2021 or 12 weeks from the start date.
The Research Assistant will report to Prof N Stavropoulos.
- This post requires a strong background in contemporary philosophical work in jurisprudence and political theory.
- The RA would help place the podcasts on the major distribution channels (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Speaker, Soundcloud, etc). The RA would also undertake to build a site and promote the series through the creation of blog content and publicizing the podcasts and blog via email and Twitter.
- Good admin and IT skills are essential.
- The selection criteria for the post would be (a) excellent writing and research skills; (b) excellent organisational skills; (c) excellent communication and time-management skills; and (d) proficiency with website design, creation and management; distribution of podcasts; and operation of a Twitter account.
- The work can be done in any place where you have access to online search and communication tools.
This position is open to current graduate research students in the Law Faculty or Philosophy Faculty/Department and the hours are in line with the restrictions on working hours for students. It is expected that the work will be undertaken in the UK.
Rate of Pay
12 weeks or less (casual engagement): This will be paid at the standard research assistant rate of £15.37 per hour (based on Grade 6 point 1) plus holiday pay of £1.86 per hour worked (= total of £17.23/hour).
This position is funded by the the Law Faculty’s Research Support Fund.
How to Apply
A short CV and cover letter (including the name of your supervisor, if any) should be sent by email to email@example.com by 15 June 2021. Please explain how you meet the requirements for the role, and give details of your availability.
Supervisors may be asked for a reference.
Informal enquiries may be emailed to Prof Stavropoulos.