1. The Des Voeux Chambers Oxford Junior Scholarships will once again be offered in 2018-2019. The scholarships provide selected student(s) with a 6-week mini-pupillage at Des Voeux Chambers, together with return airfare between London and Hong Kong, and a financial stipend to be awarded upon satisfactory completion of the mini-pupillage. The Scholarships aim to enable students of the highest achievement to experience the Hong Kong Bar and the Hong Kong legal jurisdiction. In addition, Des Voeux Chambers will continue to offer distinguished students with the opportunity to apply for full scholarships to undertake postgraduate studies.
2. To allow interested students to find out more about the Scholarships, and life at the Hong Kong Bar more generally, Des Voeux Chambers is pleased to invite students to meet with visiting members of Chambers over an informal dinner to be held in Oxford on Monday 22 October 2018.
3. Over dinner, members of both the Inner and Junior Bar will share with students their experiences at the Hong Kong Bar and answer questions about legal training and practice in Hong Kong more generally and with Des Voeux Chambers in particular.
4. To register, please email a copy of your latest Curriculum Vitae (which should include your contact information and details of academic results) under the subject line of "DVC Dinner Oxford 2018" to email@example.com.
5. Please apply by 17 October 2018 to secure your attendance. Numbers are limited and regrettably only those confirmed by email will be able to attend. Details regarding the dinner will be circulated by email to all attendees. About Des Vouex Chambers, Hong Kong Des Voeux Chambers is one of the leading sets of chambers in Hong Kong, home to 72 barristers practising across all disciplines of civil litigation, with a primary emphasis in banking & finance, commercial, company, and trusts. 18 members of chambers have been appointed Queen’s Counsel or Senior Counsel, and a majority of our junior members are recipients of the Bar Scholarship (awarded annually by the Hong Kong Bar Association to pupils of the very highest calibre). For more information, please visit www.dvc.hk.