This year, the Oxford Women in Law Network will celebrating the first 100 years of Oxford Women in Law at the Alumni Weekend in Oxford.
2019 marks the 100th anniversary of the Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919, which made it possible for women to qualify as barristers or solicitors for the first time.
The Oxford Women in Law Network are delighted to be hosting our panel to reflect on the First 100 Years of Oxford Women in Law.
- The Right Honourable Dame Sarah Jane Asplin DBE (Judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales)
- The Right Honourable Dame Elish Frances Angiolini DBE QC (Principal of St Hugh's College)
- Ms Christina Blacklaws, (President of the Law Society)
- Professor Anne Davies (Dean of the Faculty of Law and Professor of Law and Public Policy)
- Professor Judith Freedman CBE (Pinsent Masons Professor of Taxation Law)
The Meeting Minds weekend is an annual event that hosts alumni in Oxford for a range of events, dinners and talk. The last weekend in 2018 had more than 100 speakers and over 1,400 guests. The weekend saw a vast range of sessions including: a discussion of China's impact on the wider world, multiple fun science sessions for children and teens, an exclusive gin tasting inside the Botanic Gardens, an exploration of the impact of chocolate on global economics and tours of the Bodleian's conservation collections