The aims of this workshop are:
- To inform the socio-legal community about LRAR and lesser known-search engines (e.g. Discovery)
- To raise awareness of possibilities of modern legal records
- To learn about good/bad experiences of socio-legal researchers re (or non-use of) unpublished documentary sources
- To stimulate a sequel to the Neil Rickman paper
The Use of Unpublished Data in Socio-Legal Research
PDF 7MBin William Twining and Emma Quick (eds) Legal Records in the Commonwealth (1994).
Participants will include:
- Clare Cowling (Director, LRAR) and William Twining (Associate, CSLS)
- Professor Peter Bartlett (Mental Health, Nottingham)
- Dr Michael Reynolds (Associate, CSLS)
- Professor Denis Galligan (Professor of Socio-Legal Studies, CSLS)
- Dr Bettina Lange (Associate Professor of Law and Regulation, CSLS - TBC)
Further details will be available in due course.