Shearman & Sterling LLP is recognised as one of the leading international corporate and commercial law firms in London. Globally we have approximately 900 lawyers, including over 200 in London and are committed to providing legal advice that is insightful and valuable to our clients. We have made many ground-breaking transactions in major regions of the world, including:
• The Middle East: We participated in the first power project in the Middle East that included financing from Islamic banks and, also, in the largest oil and gas Islamic financing
• Europe: We participated in the first US listing of a German company—Daimler Benz AG—on the New York Stock Exchange
• North America: We advised on the creation of the dual class stock when Ford Motor Company went public more than 50 years ago and today remain the company's underwriters' counsel
We have also advised on some of the world's most notable transactions and matters which include representing the Yukos shareholders in their $100 billion compensation claim against Russia and Cadbury in its $19.4 billion acquisition by Kraft.
As well as employing lawyers with outstanding reputations in their field, we are committed to developing the talented individuals employed in the business support functions of the firm. In the London office alone, there are approximately 120 employees working in areas such as finance, HR and marketing.
The London office of Shearman & Sterling will be running a month-long paid internship in July, taking on individuals in the key business support areas:
• Professional Development (L&D)
• Marketing & Business Development
• Financial Services
• Research & Information Services
• Knowledge Management
• Property & Facilities Management
This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on business experience in a City firm that will undoubtedly help your understanding of the commercial world. The right individuals will be studying towards a business-focused degree, with a strong interest in one of the areas mentioned. You will need to be available throughout the whole of July to take part in the internship.
For more information download the attached flyer: