These awards support researchers in established posts at all career stages working on important questions of relevance to health. Awards range from under £250,000 to £1 million each over a maximum period between three and five years.
Expression of interest: 4th June 2018
Faculty deadline for 1st draft review: 11th June 2018
Research services deadline: 27th June 2018
Funder deadline: 4th July 2018
- The level of funding we provide for an Investigator Award ranges from £250,000 to £1 million.
- Awards usually last three to five years.
- You should ask for a level and duration of funding that's justifiable for your career stage, research experience and your proposed research.
- You can hold an Investigator Award on a part-time basis.
- The award covers the costs of carrying out the programme, such as:
- research expenses
- research/teaching replacement
- conference and meeting costs
- You can also apply for public engagement funds to involve the public in your research and inspire learning.
You can apply for an Investigator Award if you're a humanities or social science researcher with a compelling vision who wants to tackle a significant question about human health. If you want to apply with another person, you should apply for a Collaborative Award rather than an Investigator Award.
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT)
Read the full scheme guidance on the Wellcome Trust pages.