The European Commission published today an Independent Expert Report on Digitalization and its Impact on Innovation authored by Prof. Ariel Ezrachi and Prof. Maurice Stucke.
The report explores the interplay between innovation and the digital economy from seven angles:
1. Theoretical economic literature;
2. Macro view of current innovation levels;
3. Emerging trends in the digital economy;
4. Implications of sub-optimal innovation levels;
5. Variables that affect the supply of innovation;
6. Variables that affect user adoption of innovation.
7. Nature of innovation: positive, negative, and mixed.