(Working days are Monday to Wednesday, 9.30–4.30 and Friday, 9.30–3.30)
- Working with administrators in the Law Faculty, providing administrative support to Centre staff, including placing orders for consumables (using the Oracle iProcurement module).
- Overseeing the efficient running of the Centre’s open-plan areas, including liaising with building staff concerning health and safety, maintenance issues and IT support.
- Supporting the Finance manager of the Faculty in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Management of subsistence and other expenses and allowances.
- Checking travel insurance and risk assessment documentation.
- Administering invoices, processing expense claims and payment request forms for staff, visitors and research collaborators related to events, research projects and other Centre activities.
- Raising requisitions and purchase orders related to events, research projects and other Centre activities.
- Working closely with the Faculty Research Facilitator who supports grant applications, project management and the use of research grant funds.
- Administrative support to the Finance Manager relating to the Centre.
Events and Communications Administration
Responsible for promoting the work of the Centre through an effective communications strategy, and by helping with the organisation of events.
- Maintaining the Centre website, working with Centre staff and students who are responsible for their own profiles.
- Managing the production and dissemination of internal publications such as Centre Annual Reports and termly email newsletters.
- Maintaining the Centre events mailing list.
- Promoting the research and events of the Centre through social media (Managing the Centre Facebook page, blog, iTunes account and Twitter account).
- Support to Centre staff hosting events including seminars and conferences, from planning to implementation.
- Finding and booking venues; communications with speakers regarding arrangements and expenses; raising requisitions and purchase orders; preparing conference materials; arranging catering; promoting events on the Faculty website and on social media; and assisting with setting event budgets managing those budgets; and engaging additional help and support to ensure the smooth-running of events.
Academic Visitors Programme
- Working with the Assistant Director, publicising the programme; administering application processes (liaising with the Faculty Personnel Officer to ensure compliance with UK Visas and Immigration regulations)
- Organising induction, supporting visitors during their stay and acting as their first point of contact throughout.