The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer post was established in July 2020. They work on a range of projects relating to equality, diversity and inclusion in the Faculty of Law.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Supporting the Faculty’s gender equality work through participation in the Athena SWAN Charter, managing applications and action plans.
- Managing other projects relating to race equality, disability, LGBTQ and other protected characteristics.
- Secretarial support to the Faculty’s Equality and Diversity Committee and support for the work of the Associate Dean for Equality and Diversity.
- Making applications for University funding for equality, diversity and inclusion projects where appropriate.
- Administering focus groups with staff and students to ascertain progress on equality, diversity and inclusion and any ongoing problems.
- Producing internal communications and providing content for the Faculty website to promote the work of the Faculty in this area and managing the content of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion microsite.
- Organising events and training courses of relevance to equality, diversity and inclusion in the Faculty (e.g., unconscious bias workshops, seminars on topics such as intersectionality, or diversity in the curriculum, and support meetings for students).
- Being a point of contact for students and staff, offering advice and assistance with matters relating to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensuring timely and relevant communication of new initiatives and information relating to equality, diversity and inclusion, through email newsletters, printed materials and events.
Enquiries about equality, diversity and inclusion should be addressed to Clara at email@example.com.