The Allen & Overy Equality and Diversity Officer is a new post working on a range of projects relating to equality and diversity in the Faculty of Law. Key areas of responsibility are:
- Supporting the Faculty’s Athena SWAN applications and action plans.
- Managing other projects relating to race equality, disability, LGBTQ and other protected characteristics.
- Secretarial support to the Faculty’s Equality and Diversity Committee and support for the work of the Associate Dean for Equality and Diversity.
- Making applications for University funding for equality and diversity projects where appropriate.
- Administering focus groups with staff and students to ascertain progress on equality and diversity and any on-going problems.
- Producing internal communications and providing content for the Faculty website to promote the work of the Faculty in this area and managing the content of the Equality and Diversity microsite.
- Organising events and training courses of relevance to equality and diversity in the Faculty (e.g., unconscious bias workshops, seminars on topics such as intersectionality, or diversity in the curriculum, and support meetings for students).
- Helping to maintain and build upon the Faculty’s relationship with Allen & Overy, to support their understanding of the equality and diversity work of the Law Faculty.
- Being a point of contact for students and staff, offering advice and assistance with matters relating to equality and diversity.
- Ensuring timely and relevant communication of new initiatives and information relating to equality and diversity, through email newsletters, printed materials and events.
Enquiries about equality and diversity should be addressed to Clara at firstname.lastname@example.org.