Applications now open: Freshfields Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Scheme 2024
The Freshfields Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Scheme 2024
Applications are now open for the 2024 Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Scheme offered by Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Doreen Lawrence, Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon, OBE are working together to broaden access to careers in large commercial law firms and other careers in the City of London. The Freshfields Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Scheme is designed to address the disproportionate under-representation in large commercial law firms and other City institutions of black men from less socially mobile backgrounds. The scheme is aimed at eligible first-year law students at participating universities nationwide, and some other students at a small group of those universities. In addition to careers in commercial law, the scheme’s ongoing work with City organisations offers opportunities in other careers in the City.
Applications are welcome from exceptionally talented students who are open to the idea of pursuing a career in the legal profession or a career in the City, and who satisfy all of the eligibility criteria.
Freshfields will run an Insight Meeting on Wednesday, 7 February at their offices in London for anyone who meets the eligibility criteria and would like to find out more about the scheme before applying (all expenses paid).
If you think you might be interested, we would love to hear from you!
The Faculty is responsible for submitting all student applications to the Scheme. To find out how you can take part, please contact Clara Elod at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, 29 January: Faculty deadline for those wanting to attend the Insight Meeting.
- Thursday, 1 February: Deadline to register for Insight Meeting.
- Wednesday, 7 February: Insight Meeting at the Feshfield's office in London (all expenses paid).
- Monday, 12 February: Faculty deadline for those who wish to apply to contact Clara Elod.
- Monday, 4 March: Application closing date.
- Tuesday-Wednesday, 26/27 March: Assessment centre dates (you only have to attend once).
- Wednesday-Thursday, 03/04 April: Assessment centre dates (you only have to attend once).
- Friday, 31 May: Results released. Scholarship support commences.