The Finance Manager has responsibility for the Faculty’s financial administration; taking a lead in the Faculty’s financial reporting and monitoring; and ensuring the overall effectiveness of financial processes and controls. This includes:
- Budget setting, forecasting, monitoring, reporting, and financial planning
- Management of financial controls and processes, and advising staff on Faculty and University protocol and regulations
- Liaison with the Division over the consolidated accounts, which includes those of the centres and other key budget holders
- Provision of management information to the Dean, Head of Administration and Finance, Faculty Officers, staff and faculty members
- Provide costings for new and existing initiatives, and model different funding scenarios, for example to support fundraising proposals
- Clarify and maintain the financial relationships between the Faculty and its centres, hubs and programmes
- Advise on Oracle and other finance training and system requirements.
See also the Law Faculty's A-Z list of administration and services.